It's more important than ever to keep abreast of the latest developments in ILL! Whether you're looking for some of the classic titles in the field or new books, journals or other print sources, this page provides information on publications that are of interest in resource-sharing professionals and practitioners.
Know of a print publication that should be here and isn't? Please add it to the list
Other Library Journals
- Information Today
- Journal of the Medical Library Association
- Library Journal
- Public Library Journal
- American Libraries
- The Journal of Academic Librarianship
- Baker, Shirley K. and Jackson, Mary E. The Future of Resource Sharing. Haworth Press, 1995.
- Boucher, Virginia. Interlibrary Loan Practices Handbook. Chicago: American Library Association, 1996. If you're new to ILL, read this before anything else.
- Bradford, Jean and Brine, Jenny. Interlending and Document Supply in Britain Today. Chados, 2006 Excellent summary of ILL in the UK. ISBN 1-84334-140-9
- Bustos, Roxann. Interlibrary Loan in College Libraries. Chicago: American Library Association, 1993. CLIP Note #16.
- Chang, Amy and Jackson, Mary E. Managing Resource Sharing in the Electronic Age. AMS Press, 1997.
- Croft, Janet B. Legal solutions in electronic reserves and the electronic delivery of interlibrary loan. NY: Haworth Press, 2004.
- Goodson, Carol. Providing Library Services for Distance Education Students: A How-To-Do-It Manual. New York: Neal-Schuman, 2001. ISBN 1-55570-409-3
- Higginbotham, Barbra Buckner and Bowdoin, Sally. Access versus Assets: A Comprehensive Guide to Resource Sharing for Academic Librarians. Chicago: American Library Association, 1993.
- Hilyer, Lee Andrew. Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery in the Larger Academic Library. NY: Haworth Press, 2002. Published simultaneously as Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery, and Information Supply, vol. 13, nos. 1-2.
- Hilyer, Lee Andrew. Interlibrary loan and document delivery : best practices for operating and managing interlibrary loan services in all libraries. NY: Haworth Press, 2006.
- Hoffman, Gretchen M. Copyright in Cyberspace 2: Questions and Answers for Librarians. NY: Neal-Schuman, 2005.
- Jackson, Mary E. with Bruce Kingma and Tom Delaney.Assessing ILL/DD Services: New Cost-Effective Alternatives. Washington DC: Association of Research Libraries, 2004.
- Kingma, Bruce R. and Irving, Suzanne. The Economics of Access versus Ownership: The Costs and Benefits of Access to Scholarly Articles Via Interlibrary Loan and Journal Subscriptions. Haworth Press, 1996.
- Lipscomb, Carolyn E. Information Access and Delivery in Health Sciences Libraries. Scarecrow Press, 1996.
- Mitchell, Eleanor and Walters, Sheila A. Document Delivery Services: Issues and Answers. Information Today, 1995.
- Morris, Leslie R. Interlibrary Loan Policies Directory. 7th ed. NY: Neal-Schuman, 2002.
- Rupp-Serrano, Karen. Licensing in libraries : practical and ethical aspects. NY: Haworth Press, 2005.
- Russell, Carrie. Complete Copyright: An Everyday Guide for Librarians. Chicago: American Library Association, 2004.
- Weaver-Meyers, Pat L.; Stolt, Wilber A.; Fong, Yem S. Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery and Customer Satisfaction: Strategies for Redesigning Services. Haworth Press, 1996.
- Weible, Bherie L and Janke, Karen L. Interlibrary Loan Practices Handbook. Chicago: American Library Association, 2011.
Proceedings and Specialized Publications from Specialized Sources
Association of Research Libraries
IFLANet Electronic Collections Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery and Resource Sharing Bibliography
IFLA Section on Document Delivery and Interlending.
IFLA Conference Proceedings
Indiana Resource Sharing Taskforce
Interlibrary Loan Application Standards Maintenance Agency.
Manifesto for Rethinking Resource Sharing
Network Notes (National Library of Canada
OCLC's Annual List of Most Requested Items
Primary Research Group
Shuh, Barbara. The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Protocol