Document delivery suppliers provide full-text articles, patents, military information, government documents, and sometimes dissertations. This is a fee-based service sometimes used by libraries as a supplement to resource sharing.
There are many document delivery suppliers, and many are subject specific.
- 2 ArtRieve Document Delivery Best article retrieval service, fast turnaround times, very experienced staff and very good rates starting at just $8.30 per article.
- 4 Research Solutions, Inc Offers a one-stop-shop for all document needs. Prices range from $15-$25, depending on how fast you need it.
- ASAP Information Services Order materials from the UCI Libraries collection. $25 per article or book chapter, plus copyright fees. Additional photocopied pages at $0.50 per page, and further copies from microforms at $0.75 per page.
- Ask*IEEE For IEEE related material. Sign up to find out more about fees.
- Documentis Information Retrieval Services Specializes in the rapid location, retrieval, and delivery of a full range of documents to their customers. A full-service, all-subject provider with a global source network. $15-$35 per article, depending on turnaround time.
- BNA PLUS Documents and Reports Offers mostly legal, government, and business material. Prices vary; look under "Document Delivery" section for more information.
- Boalt Express Offers documents and interlibrary loan of materials available at UC Berkeley School of Law Library (Boalt Hall). Also offers documents from other UC Berkeley campus libraries with an additional fee. See website for full fee schedule and more information.
- British Standards Online British, European and international standards. Prices vary; sign up for an account for pricing information.
- Center for Research Libraries - Requesting Materials A consortium service for libraries and research institutions. You can pay a one-time fee of $175 and then order articles.
- China/Asia On Demand (CAOD) China/Asia On-Demand & Document Delivery Services, allowing direct download of Asian / Chinese academic journals, theses/dissertations, standards and patents. Starting from $11.95.
- The Chinese Source Chinese materials in a variety of formats. Base price of $12.
- CISTI The Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information; $12.50 and up, depending on your location and preferred method of delivery.
- Copy & Send - Gallagher Law Library For Gallagher Law Library materials; $15-30 depending on how fast you need it and the number of pages.
- Discount Patent ServiceSpecializes in obtaining both US and Non-US (foreign) patent documents and all other patent related documents including.File histories (prosecution histories / file wrappers), Abandon files, Re-exam patent files, Reissue patent files, Interference patent files, International / Domestic / Foreign patent files, and all patent related documents.File Histories are fully bookmarked, and also include a Family Report and Assignment Data. They may be ordered fully searchable or image only. Non - patent literature (NPL) Publications, Assignments, Family Reports,Certified Documents
- Defense Technical Information Center Information for those in the defense community. After you register, you should be able to see the pricing information in each citation.
- Delphion Research - PDF Express Consists of mostly patents. From their pricing page: "PDF and TIFF downloads from the US, EP, and WO collections are free for Unlimited subscribers. PDF downloads from national collections are $3.00 for Unlimited subscribers ($3.25 through PDF Express)."
- ILI Publishing and Standards Bibliographic standards. Register for a free trial and to find out more information about pricing.
- InFocus Research Services Journal articles and conference papers from many combined institutions. No pricing information.
- InfoQuest Auburn University Libraries collection. $15 and up.
- Information Express Science, technology, and medicine, as well as business and management. Contact them for billing/pricing information.
- INFORM Research Services Wide variety of materials from the Minneapolis Public Library. $15 per item generally, but the more items you order, the more the price will go down.
- Infotrieve Large, wide variety of publications. Prices start at $12, not including delivery and copyright fees.
- IngentaConnect Academic and professional publications. Contact them for pricing information.
- INIST Scientific and technical information from France. Prices start at $10, and depend on method of delivery and if you need it rushed.
- Instant Information Systems Biomedical publications for $7.75 and up.
- ISI Document SolutionAlmost any full text item. Pricing information upon ordering/searching.
Booksellers and Publishers