Document delivery suppliers provide full-text articles, patents, military information, government documents, and sometimes dissertations. This is a fee-based service sometimes used by libraries as a supplement to resource sharing.
There are many document delivery suppliers, and many are subject specific.
- ArtRieve Document Delivery Best article retrieval service, fast turnaround times, very experienced staff and very good rates starting at just $8 per article.
- Research Solutions, Inc Offers a one-stop-shop for all document needs. Prices range from $15-$25, depending on how fast you need it.
- Access/Information, Inc. Fees vary depending on whether or not the material you need is local. Offers document delivery and other services for businesses, law firms, and libraries.
- AICSERVICES $15-45, depending on turnaround time. Offers a wide variety of material.
- Ask*IEEE For IEEE related material. Sign up to find out more about fees.
- Boalt Express Offers documents and interlibrary loan of materials available at UC Berkeley School of Law Library (Boalt Hall). Also offers documents from other UC Berkeley campus libraries with an additional fee. See website for full fee schedule and more information.
- British Standards Online British, European and international standards. Prices vary; sign up for an account for pricing information.
- Center for Research Libraries (CRL) - Requesting Materials A consortium service for libraries and research institutions. The fee per request is $175 for non-CRL libraries. CRL libraries can request items for free.
- China/Asia On Demand (CAOD) China/Asia On-Demand & Document Delivery Services, allowing direct download of Asian / Chinese academic journals, theses/dissertations, standards and patents. Starting from $11.95.
- The Chinese Source Chinese materials in a variety of formats. Base price of $12.
- CISTI The Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information; prices vary.
- Copy & Send - Gallagher Law Library For Gallagher Law Library materials; $15-30 depending on how fast you need it and the number of pages.
- Danish Loan Centre Danish document supplier. See website for pricing information.
- Digital Patent ServiceSpecializes in obtaining both US and Non-US (foreign) patent documents and all other patent related documents including.File histories (prosecution histories / file wrappers), Abandon files, Re-exam patent files, Reissue patent files, Interference patent files, International / Domestic / Foreign patent files, and all patent related documents.File Histories are fully bookmarked, and also include a Family Report and Assignment Data. They may be ordered fully searchable or image only. Non - patent literature (NPL) Publications, Assignments, Family Reports,Certified Documents
- Defense Technical Information Center Information for those in the defense community. After you register, you should be able to see the pricing information in each citation.
- Delphion Research - PDF Express Consists of mostly patents. From their pricing page: "PDF and TIFF downloads from the US, EP, and WO collections are free for Unlimited subscribers. PDF downloads from national collections are $3.25 for Unlimited subscribers."
- Dialog SourceOne For patent documents from around the world.
- DigiPat Patents for $3.50 and up. Trademark information pricing varies by page length.
- Dissertation Express Dissertations from $30 and up.
- Document Center Standards. Contact them about pricing information.
- Documents Delivered Pay per use service that retrieves scientific, medical, technical and legal journal articles, book chapters and conference proceedings.
- ILI Publishing and Standards Bibliographic standards. Register for a free trial and to find out more information about pricing.
- InFocus Research Services Journal articles and conference papers from many combined institutions. No pricing information.
- InfoNOW University of Minnesota Libraries. Base fee of $15 with more information available on website.
- InfoQuest Auburn University Libraries collection. $15 and up.
- Information Express Science, technology, and medicine, as well as business and management. Contact them for billing/pricing information.
- Infotrieve Large, wide variety of publications. Prices start at $15, not including delivery and copyright fees.
- IngentaConnect Academic and professional publications. Contact them for pricing information.
- INIST Scientific and technical information from France. Prices are listed on their site.
- Rapidpat Patent images starting at 2.99.
- Reprints Desk A growing collection of journal articles from more than 20,000 publication titles and chapters from more than 100,000 book titles- all with special academic copyright royalty rates that can be as low as $15 USD. The service integrates with RapidILL and with Iliad as an email target today. Native Iliad integration is expected before 2014.
- Research Associates Legal documents.
- Research Investment Any document in any language. Starts at $12.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England A backup to the British Library, offering articles on surgery. Starts at 4 UK pounds.
Booksellers and Publishers